Monday, September 24, 2007

9/24 - DeVante Swing

9/24 - DeVante Swing

September 24 ( 9 : 24 )
.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
1 Corinthians 9:24
.
For Hip hop producer and artist Donald Earl DeGrate a.k.a. DeVante Swing born 09/24/1969
.
DeVante, I know there were many pressures to keep up an image growing up as a preacher's kid and you may have been jaded to the whole religious experience. You knew your family had faults but you had to hide them to appear perfect. Know this, that Christ Himself had little time for those who put on religious displays but were hypocrites inside. I take that back, He had little time for their religious rituals, but cared for them deeply. I know there were seeds of His love planted in you and I pray that you will allow those to regrow after being removed from the oppression of religion. I pray that His Spirit will speak of the Father's heart for you. I pray for a reconciliation with your earthly father, that you may let go of any angst or bitterness you have and turn your heart back to your daddy.

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2008 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for all of you in the Jodeci group that God will restore you. I pray that he will restore the gift that was put in you and that you all will again rise up and be what God had intended you to be. You all are so talented and the cares of this world can overtake you and consume you. I pray for Gods healing in your life. And if you decide to come back to Christ which I hope all of you do, I pray that you will witness to others and bring them to the Lord. God Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter