Sunday, March 01, 2009

March 1 - Theresa DeMers

March 1 - Theresa DeMers


March 1 ( 3 : 1 )
.
"See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God"
1 John 3:1
.
For Theresa DeMers RCIA director for St. Francis DeSales Church in Newark Ohio.
.
Theresa, a friend of my sister requested I pray for you and I agreed. Sometimes I get images in dreams and last night was one of those times. Since I do not know if this was for you or for me, I will share it and if it does not fit, maybe it was just for me. But in the dream there was several packed suitcases and I was meeting with a surgeon who I did not actually see, but spoke to. I asked what was needed for the procedure and he said all I needed is what was in the box. I opened the box and in it was a human heart and hiking boots. I prayed for revelation about what this would mean and this is my prayer for you.
.
Father God, we often surround ourselves with things we think we need to journey with You. All You desire of us is a new heart. A heart that is clean and renewed. You want us to walk with You, and sometimes we walk down paths with You that we've feel we have walked 100 times before, and it gets so routine that there is nothing new or spectacular about it. I pray now that Theresa will put on the shoes to walk the paths You have laid out for her . That she would not think routine or mundane the opportunity to walk alongside the Creator of the heavens and earth, even though sometimes the tasks of the day may seem less than spectacular. And these were not merely walking shoes You have given her, but hiking boots, for You may call her to more treacherous terrain as she seeks to minister to the poor of heart. But You shall indeed give her hinds feet on high places, and with the new heart, she will not grow weary. Father, Theresa has served You well thus far, but I know You are calling her to a deeper and much more rewarding walk with You. She can leave behind the baggage, for You are her provider. Put on the boots, and lets give that new heart a workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter